Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Wonderful Weekend!

Well, I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Four of my friends came from different parts of the country and stayed with me. It was amazing having five females in a home that is usually male dominated! They didn’t know each other, but all got on really well.


We went out for drinks on Saturday night and some of my Melbourne friends joined us. There was plenty of chatter, laughter and bubbly! I had a lovely time – so good in fact that I wouldn’t mind turning 50 every weekend!!!

There was only one low point of the weekend. That was when my youngest son had his shoulder dislocated while playing football. I watched it happen and I must admit I felt a tad nauseous to see his shoulder like that. He was so brave. There were no tears, just a flurry of swear words.

The trainers got his arm in a sling, put him in my car and we raced off to hospital. I parked in the Emergency bay and grabbed a couple of paramedics to help me get him out of the car. Luckily one of my friends was with me because she parked the car for me while I went with my son.

Three and a half hours later he was released, arm in a sling and pretty much drugged up with pain killers. All he could talk about was how upset he was that he won’t be playing football for at least 6 weeks. He’s already working out what exercise he can do and what he can’t do. I can see its going to be a long 6 weeks…

8 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday! It sounds as though you had a great time - with the exception of the hospital visit!

    T
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 50th! Sounds like a lively time...kids bring us down to earth pretty fast...party's over! Hope the coming year is great for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had fun!!! Happy Happy 50th!!!!

    and hugs to your son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY 5-0! Spending it with girlfriends from different parts of the country sounds absolutely wonderful. You deserved it. So sorry about your son's shoulder, though. Quick healing to him.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!

    Your poor son! I probably would have vomited on the spot if it were my son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ca88andra. Happy birthnday sweetie, and thanks for following my blog. I'm following yours now. I hope your son is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday. I'm glad you had a good time and I'm sorry your boy hurt his shoulder, those injuries are a real pain (no pun intended). I hurt my shoulder about ten years ago and it still bother me, but he's young, I'm sure it'll heal better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for you birthday wishes! Despite my son's injury I had a great time. It's always fun to spend time with friends.

    ReplyDelete