Today I stayed home from work. I have a cold and it has given me a mushy brain, one blocked nostril, one runny nostril, a sinus headache and a sore throat. I woke up feeling like crap and thought it would be best if I rested at home. I’m not a good patient, especially when I’m the nurse. These are some things I’ve discovered about being at home, sick:
1. Once I’m awake I can’t lie in bed. Even if I wake up at 5.30am when my boys get up.
2. Once I’m out of bed I find myself looking for something to do. However I still don’t want to do the vacuuming.
3. I can’t go through the day without turning the computer on – and the TV.
4. I find it difficult to rest. I just have to check my work emails and my home emails and Facebook…
5. I can’t remember when I should take all the pills lined up on the kitchen windowsill.
6. I hate taking pills.
7. Exercising on the spin bike unblocks my nose.
8. I don’t think I can exercise on the bike 24/7, so apart from 45 minutes every day I will have a blocked nose.
9. I get bored being at home.
10. Daytime TV is more crap than night time TV.
11. I actually want to go to work tomorrow, even if I still feel like crap!